Bloodhound operates by detecting the radiated field created whenever a microphone
detects sound. The audio signal from a microphone is subjected to high amplification with elaborate filtering to remove extraneous noise.
Bloodhound can be used in two modes, covert (passive) and overt (active).
Covert Mode (Passive): In this mode the operator uses the filter and headset units to listen for room noises as detected by the eavesdropping microphone. A properly conducted covert search can be carried out in an environment with staff present and will not alert the listening post.
Overt Mode (Active): In this mode the power amplifier is added to the system. If the probe detects a microphone the system goes into acoustic feedback and a characteristic howl is produced.
Capability: Bloodhound can be used to detect the following types of espionage attack.
• Amplified wired microphone system where the target site is wired directly to a listening post
• Audio attack on telephone instruments
• Audio presence on cables
• Radio microphones - audio component
• Tape recorder attack
• Video camera surveillance
• General purpose amplification, especially on very weak and noisy signals
• Cable tracing
• Probe and Antenna • Belt-worn Filter
• Headset • Power Amplifier
• Sound Source
• Robust Transit Case
* Quantity discount pricing available
* 1 year warranty
* Delivery time is approx. 8 weeks