Urban Survival Preparedness and Emergency Planning
Waypoint Counter Surveillance in association with WSC Survival School Inc. is pleased to offer "Urban Survival Preparedness
and Emergency Planning" training. This training program is an initiative designed primarily for business, corporate and
government organizations and institutions.
It is an unfortunate reality that emergency situations such as blackouts, severe weather, earthquakes, civil unrest and conflicts are
realities in today’s world. During such situations it is imperative that organizations and their personnel are prepared with the
proper knowledge and advance emergency planning to mitigate the effects of such events. Our unique program helps to prepare your business or organization for such potential disastrous situations.
* WSC Survival School Inc. is the leader in survival and outdoor education training, providing programs for individuals,
corporations, organizations and institutions along with specialized youth programs for more than 30 years. For more information
David is the Founder, Director and Senior Instructor of WSC Survival School Inc. and one the most respected and foremost
leading survival experts in Canada. David has the distinction of being the first survival instructor for the world renowned survival expert Les Stroud (Survivorman) and has been instructing wilderness survival and outdoor education programs in Canada for
more than 30 years. His teaching extends to numerous clubs, businesses, and industry groups including Great Lakes Helicopter School, Pontiac Search and Rescue, Humber College (Flight Aviation Program - commercial airline pilots), Falconbridge Mining Corporation as well as various government, military and law enforcement organizations.
David has numerous television and radio appearances on TSN's the Great Outdoorsman Show, the Hunter & Angler Show, City
TV's Breakfast Television, The Weather Network News, Global TV News (survival tips), FAN Radio, Outdoor Life's "Camp n' Out Series" (the survival expert). David has appeared in SARSCENE magazine and Les Stroud's book "Survive!" and was selected as the Survival Consultant for seasons 1 and 2 of the YTV Television Series "Survive This", developed and hosted by Les Stroud.
David has also written numerous newspaper articles concerning Wilderness Survival and Preparedness. In addition to his media appearances, he also presents seminars and workshops at conferences held by such organizations as the Ontario Camping Association and the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. Many of his presentations extend to public shows as well, such
as the Ontario Out-of-Doors Annual Hunting and Fishing Show, the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show, and the Outdoor Adventure Show.
David has utilized his extensive knowledge in wilderness survival, GPS navigation, map & compass use, edible and medicinal
plants, and outdoors training to write several of the Wilderness Survival School manuals, including the WTI Wilderness Survival Manual, the Outdoors Pursuits Camp Manual, and the Project LOST manual. David is also a consultant and program designer, having pioneered numerous outdoor programs for groups, individuals and organizations of all sizes.
David is currently researching lost victims and survival preparedness, and has recently received a grant to develop a
"standardized" survival program aimed at saving lives in the wilderness, in association with Search and Rescue and Emergency Measures organizations.
Academically, David has the following credentials: B.A. Environmental Studies (York); Diploma in Business Administration
(Seneca); Certificate in Outdoor Recreation (Humber); and Certificate in Wilderness Emergency Care (Humber). Presently he is completing a M.Ed/Phd (BSU) in youth at risk education.
Course outline includes:
· Business information and data protection
· Emergency planning
· Backup energy alternatives
· Staff personal survival kits
· Office survival kits
· Backup communications equipment
· Case studies: What if ???
· Emergency measures agencies (news and alerts)
· Practical outdoor / overnight survival simulation exercises (dependent on course format)
The Urban Survival Preparedness and Emergency Planning program is provided in several different formats.
Survival Preparedness and Emergency Planning Course - 1 Day Program Format:
· 9:00am to 4:00pm workshop
· $199.00 per person, held at our seminar sites.
· $169.00 per person, held at your business or seminar site.
· Includes refreshments and lunch.
Survival Retreat Team-Building Resort Course - 2 & 3 Day Program Format:
· Includes 1 day survival preparedness workshop & survival team building 1/2 day or full day.
· Option for your own in-house year end or organizational meetings, training and break-outs.
· $299.00 - $499.00 per person based on number of nights and meal plan etc. (Ontario locations)
· Contact us with your individual requirements and we can customize the most effective program for your business or organization.
Canada wide and international programs:
· Programs provided for businesses and organizations across Canada and for international locations
· Programs provided at clients business or seminar location or at separate training facilities.
· Pricing is dependent on location.
· Contact us for custom program options and pricing information.
* Please contact us for more information or to inquire about booking a training seminar or program for your organization.
All prices are subject to applicable taxes.
Prices do not include transportation to/from program.
Travel expenses applicable if outside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)